In Scoil Bhríde there is a Book Rental Scheme in place, which allows school books to be rented by the children, saving parents up to 75% on the cost of new school books.
In June we send out a Book Rental Form to be filled in as required, signed and returned with the money.
We then see how many books are needed, and any books we need we buy with the help of the Department of Education & Science Book Grant. Rules for the rental scheme are as follows:
- Rent per book is from €2.50 to €3.50
- Books remain property of the school and must be returned as and when requested
- Books must be kept in as good as condition as possible
- No writing, tearing or defacing the books in any way
- Lost or damaged books must be replaced at new book price
- Children or families who are deemed to be unable to afford books or who need help towards buying/renting books, are given whatever help they require up to and including waiving of all book rental fees and the supply of other non-rentable books for these children.