General School Rules
The school sets rules to ensure that children have a safe environment in which to learn and play. The school rules are as follows:
- I will come to school when I am supposed to and I will be on time.
- I will stay in school until closing time unless I have a note signed by my parents or they have spoken directly to the school.
- I will treat everybody in the school with respect and courtesy.
- I will do my schoolwork and homework to the best of my ability.
- I will be honest to myself, my teachers and my fellow pupils.
- I understand that bullying is forbidden-I will not call names, hurt, threaten or ignore others.
- I will not engage in any behaviour that is hurtful (including bullying, harassment, discrimination or victimisation)
- I will respect the property of the school and of others and keep my desk, classroom and my school clean and tidy.
- I will walk quietly and behave properly in the school corridors and toilets.
- When the bell rings I will line up immediately and quietly in an orderly manner.
- I will wear the full school uniform as required (Trousers/Pinafore/Shirt & Tie/School Jumper with crest or PE Uniform on certain days).
- I will behave safely in the playground.
- I will not use bad language.
- I will not use chewing gum.
- I understand the use of mobile phones is forbidden in school or during school related activities.
- I understand that having or using alcohol, smoking materials, illegal substances or possessions is forbidden.
- I will follow these rules at all times in the school and on school related activities.
- Breaches of the school rules (including non-wearing of full uniform) will result in a sanction being applied. In summary behaviour that interferes with the rights of others to learn and to feel safe is unacceptable. Please review our Code of Behaviour information also.